If you are keen to try out the new location of Natural Exotic Fish Fishing Pond (NEFFP) in Behrang but still unsure of where, how, what and when, this entry could help you out.
Travelling from K.L City to Behrang on a busy weekday morning, we documented our entire trip from start to end with hopes it will help you get an understanding of what to expect when you get there. As we were testing out the new pond, most of its facilities are yet to be up and running therefore for our trip, we needed to make a pit stop for bait in Jalan Pasar, Pudu, before heading to the pond.
Watch the Vlog of our trip! More information on the pond is available below.
How To Get There?
We set our GPS to the Al-Hidayah Mosque in Behrang which is located right by the paved road leading to the NEFFP. Refer to the Google Maps location attached below.
- Covered Carpark
- Halal Restaurant (waiting certification) – Located at the entrance
- Fishing Platform – Anglers can now fish without being distracted by Restaurant-Goers
- Small Cafe – Located above the fishing platform, anglers will not need walk to the restaurant for a quick bite or drink
- Vending Machine – Located on the fishing platform with selection of drinks like Coca Cola, 100 Plus & Mineral water. Do take note that it is a little costly.
- Toilets – Located in the middle of the fishing platform, no more running marathons if the fish bites!
- Rod Stand – Fixed into the concrete platform, anglers need not worry about accidentally lifting it off the ground
- Zinc Shelter – The platform is well covered, sheltering anglers from the elements
- Ample Ashtray and Rubbish Bin on platform.
- Water hose to wash hands and keep area clean on every pillar of the platform.
Admission & Regulations
The cost of fishing in NEFFP remains the same.
Refundable Deposit: MYR 50
Fishing Cost: MYR 100 for 4 Hours!
- They will continue to operate for 24 hours, closing only during the Chinese New Year holiday as they normally do every year.
- Only Single de-barbed hooks are allowed (refer to our Vlog above on how to de-barb hooks). Jigs and Spoons are not allowed to minimise deliberate foul hooking of fish.
- Live bait will be available for purchase (Catfish) however smelly baits such as the famed chicken liver are no longer allowed.
- All fish caught must be released.
- Anglers are required to have their own terminal tackle as the operators will no longer be selling leader lines, floats, weights or fishing hooks.
- No gear rental available.
- No restriction on rod or line rating.
There are no safety barriers around the platform therefore operators discourage parents from bringing their children on it. Children may enjoy the action from the viewing platform above where the cafe is located. Safety buoys are available in an event of an emergency.
- Chao Phraya Catfish
- Iridescent Shark Catfish
- Redtail Catfish
- Asian Redtail Catfish
- Mekong Giant Catfish & more!
Click on image to view photos
What To Expect?
Deep diving battles, broken rods, aching backs, tangled lines and more species to strike off ones list. The NEFFP in Behrang promises an exciting, adrenaline pumping good time.
We hope this entry has been helpful to inspire you onwards to Behrang and get hooked on the brand new NEFFP experience. All the best!